BioBasics 101: The Biology of Biotech for the Non-Scientist
- September 23, 2020 - September 24, 2020
- 685 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, California
- Instructor Name: Kevin Curran, PhD
- Course Level: Level 1 - Foundational
item->long_description) >= 150) echo substr(strip_tags($this->item->long_description), 0, 150).'...'; else echo strip_tags($this->item->long_description); */ ?>
BioBasics 101: The Biology of Biotech for the Non-Scientist is an intensive two-day course on the foundational science that forms the backbone of biopharma. We explore the connection between the basic biology and industry applications including personalized medicine, comparative genomics, and companion diagnostics. This course was designed for the non-scientist who wants to better understand how basic biology informs the development of biopharma products.
Anyone who works on the “business-side” who needs to better understand and communicate with the “science-side” including those in finance, law, marketing, business development, project management, policy, government relations, IT, supply chain, human resources, administrative support, quality assurance, regulatory affairs, reporters, and manufacturing.
- Fluency in the essential terminology of the biopharma industry.
- Understanding of the science driving your company or client’s products.
- Improved ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Determination of where your organization “fits” in the health care landscape.
- Explanation of innovative therapies within the biopharma industry.
- Any course scheduled until August 31, 2020 will be delivered live, online via Zoom.
- Any course scheduled September 1, 2020 onward will be delivered onsite if stay-at-home orders for that state have been lifted and the venue is open.
- When you arrive to the onsite course venue, check-in with building security and present your ID.
- Live, online course material will be emailed to your directly. There is no pre-work.
- Onsite course material will be given out at the class. There is no pre-work.
Course Certificate: On the last day of the course your Course Certificate will be emailed to you directly.
Continued Learning: To further your industry knowledge, you will be automatically subscribed to the Biotech Primer WEEKLY. This free newsletter explains the science driving the biopharma industry. The WEEKLY appears in your inbox every Thursday. You may unsubscribe at any time.
ONSITE COURSES ONLY
- Refreshments: Coffee, tea, and water are provided throughout the day.
- Breakfast: Not provided.
- Lunch: Provided including a vegetarian option. We regret that we are unable to accommodate any dietary needs or food allergies, so please plan to make your own arrangements for lunch.
- Dress: For your comfort, we recommend dressing in layers as room temperature can vary. Most attendees choose to wear casual business clothing.
Refund Policy: All courses and products are final sale. If you cannot attend a course, you may send someone in your place by notifying Emily Sullivan at email@example.com no later than one week prior the start of the class.
We do not refund purchases. However, if you cannot attend, you may send someone from your organization in your place. Please contact us with the name of your replacement so we can update our records.
Throughout the US in the major cities. Less frequently we hold classes in Canada and Australia.
Depending on space between 20-35 people attend.
We have a diverse audience in experience, education, and job description. Attendees range from C-level executives to manufacturing shift-workers; those new to the industry to season veterans who may find themselves in a different position or with a new company. This mixed of backgrounds extends the learning for all since everyone has something to contribute to and learn from the group.
The doors open at 8:30am and the class begins promptly at 9:00am. There are breaks throughout the day and 45 minutes for lunch. Classes end at 3:30pm.
A laptop, pen, and notebook.
We provide a customized workbook that includes all slides and activities presented in the course.
With the purchase of any face-to-face course, we will register you to receive for our WEEKLY e-newsletter so that you can practice of all your new-found knowledge. The WEEKLY is sent to your in-box every Thursday and explains the science behind the headlines. You may unsubscribe with one click at any time.
No pre-work is assigned.
We provide coffee, tea, and water throughout the day and a box lunch for the afternoon meal. We do not provide breakfast. We regret that we cannot accommodate those with food allergies as our meals are catered and we cannot guarantee the catering facility is free from allergy causing agents. In most cases we provide vegetarian alternatives. Please contact us with any dietary questions.
Our instructors are dynamic, industry experienced subject matter experts. In fact this is what sets us apart from other training organizations- our instructors! Anyone can “learn the presentation” but our instructors can handle your most difficult questions.
Each participant gets a certificate of attendance which will be emailed to you after the completion of the course.
We do not provide credit hours, however if an organization has access to accreditation, we are certainly willing to sign needed documents to get someone their credit hours.
We can provide face-to-face training internationally, but we do require a local lead organization