Drug Development Immersion
- March 30, 2023 - March 31, 2023
- (Time : 12:00 pm - 06:30 pm EST)
- Price : $1595 USD - $1695 USD
- Biocom Offices, 10996 Torreyana Road, Suite 200 San Diego, CA 9212
- Instructor Name: Leo Adalbert
- Course Level: Level 1 - Foundational
item->long_description) >= 150) echo substr(strip_tags($this->item->long_description), 0, 150).'...'; else echo strip_tags($this->item->long_description); */ ?>
Drug Development Immersion is a two-day interactive course that explores the regulatory, commercial, and scientific factors needed to bring a drug successfully to market. The discussion features both small molecule drugs and biologics. Our instructors illustrate the corporate decision-making process with personal accounts, giving participants unique strategic development insights. Learn from an industry expert what it takes to get a molecule from the bench into the marketplace.
Drug Development Immersion was developed for the non-science professional who works within or services the biopharma industry and needs to become familiar with the preclinical and clinical development process.
Appropriate for those without a science background who need a foundational understanding of the drug development process.
Ideal for anyone who works in finance, law, marketing, human resources, business development, project management, IT, administrative support, supply chain, research development, non-clinical, clinical, quality assurance, regulatory affairs, policy, government relations and manufacturing.
Past participants include:
- Venture capitalists, bankers, analysts, financial managers
- Insurance brokers, real estate professionals
- Patient advocacy group staff, disease foundation members
- Policy makers, lobbyists, attorneys
- Consultants, public relations specialists, journalists
- University administrators, research institute support staff
- Fluency in essential terminology and acronyms used in clinical development.
- An in-depth look at the FDA and EMA regulatory process and sponsor interactions.
- Criteria for preclinical studies to support first-in-human clinical trials.
- Rationale, special considerations, and study design for both traditional and non-traditional
clinical trial phases.
- Understanding of the launch process, life cycle management, and post-approval drug safety
What People Are Saying
"This course was immensely beneficial for me. As a project manager with no pharma experience, I now feel better equipped to perform my job functions, ask insightful questions, and mitigate risks much earlier on before they become issues."
Some master courses are delivered live, onsite. These courses have a specific street address listed on the registration page.
Some master courses are presented live, online via Zoom. These courses have the text "Zoom - Live Online" listed on the registration page.
To view your master course live, online via Zoom:
1. Log into your Biotech Primer account in the upper right-hand corner of biotechprimer.com
2. Once logged in go to “My Profile”
3. Go to "User Dashboard" found in the dropdown menu under "My Profile" link
4. Click on the class name
5. Click on "View Course"
6. The Zoom link is available 15 minutes before the course begins
Live, Online Course Recording: Only live, online master courses are recorded and those recordings are made available to registrants for two weeks. So if you cannot attend the course for the entire day or you simply would like to review the content, you can rewatch the course as often as you'd like within the two-week timeframe.
Course Materials: Each master course comes with a downloadable workbook that includes all presented materials. The workbook is available on your “User Dashboard” under “Course Materials”. Please note each workbook is proprietary and is not to be shared with others.
Course Certificate: Once you complete your master course, you can download your course certificate from your “User Dashboard”. You may also post your certificate on your LinkedIn page or list our Biotech Primer class in your LinkedIn education profile by following the “Share” button found next to your certificate.
Refund Policy: All courses and products are final sale. If you cannot attend a course, you may send someone in your place by notifying us at email@example.com a minimum of five business days prior to the start of the master course so the ZOOM link and certificate can be reset.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in having a customized master course delivered in-house to your team? Contact Stacey Hawkins at email@example.com
All master courses are presented on Zoom.
To view your master course:
1. Log into your Biotech Primer account in the upper right-hand corner of biotechprimer.com.
2. Once logged in go to “My Profile”.
3. Go to "User Dashboard" found in the dropdown menu under "My Profile" link.
4. Click on the class name.
5. Click on "View Course".
6. The Zoom link is available 15 minutes before the course begins.
Our ideal number of participants is 25-35.
We have a diverse audience in experience, education, and job description. Attendees range from C-level executives to manufacturing shift-workers; those new to the industry to season veterans who may find themselves in a different position or with a new company. This mixed of backgrounds extends the learning for all since everyone has something to contribute to and learn from the group.
Master courses begin at various times, please refer to the specific class for which you signed up. The Zoom link is available starting 15 minutes before the class begins. There are 10-15-minute breaks between each section and a 45-minute break for lunch.
You need a computer with internet access and a built-in mic or headphones.
All course materials are kept on your Biotech Primer dashboard. Course materials include an electronic PDF copy of all presented slides and activities; some courses include a glossary of biotech terms or a list of commonly used acronyms.
No pre-work is assigned.
Each master course comes with a downloadable workbook that includes all presented materials. The workbook is available on your “User Dashboard” under “Course Materials”. Please note each workbook is proprietary and is not to be shared with others.
Our instructors are dynamic, industry-experienced experts. In fact, this is what sets us apart from other training organizations – our instructors! Anyone can “learn the presentation”- but our instructors can handle your most difficult questions. Our engaging Biotech Primer instructors “edu-tain” you with their own personal war stories.
We do not provide credit hours, however if an organization requires only our signature to receive credit hours we are happy to sign your document.
Once you have completed your course, your certificate will be available on your dashboard.
When we teach an open enrollment master course onsite, we provide coffee and water throughout the day. We do not provide lunch so you can either bring something to eat or go to a local restaurant for lunch.