BioBasics 101: The Biology of Biotech for the Non-Scientist
- May 09, 2023 - May 11, 2023
- (Time : 12:00 pm - 04:00 pm EDT)
- Price : Not available - SOLD OUT
- Live Online
- Instructor Name: Collins Jones
item->long_description) >= 150) echo substr(strip_tags($this->item->long_description), 0, 150).'...'; else echo strip_tags($this->item->long_description); */ ?>
BioBasics 101: The Biology of Biotech for the Non-Scientist is an intensive course that explains the foundational science upon which all biopharma therapies are based. Day one focuses on the function of DNA, RNA, proteins, and cell signaling and how each interacts in both healthy and diseased tissue. Day two builds on your newfound molecular biology knowledge. This includes a more in-depth look at genetic disease and how genetic engineering is used to create personalized medicine options for patients. The course ends with a survey of small molecule drugs, biologics, and vaccines and explains how each mitigates disease at the molecular level. BioBasics 101 will increase your scientific knowledge so that you can converse more effectively with colleagues, clients, regulators, and scientists.
BioBasics 101 was developed for the non-science professional who works within or services the biopharma industry.
- Fluency in essential biopharma industry terminology.
- Improved ability to communicate more effectively with colleagues, clients, scientists, and regulators.
- Increased scientific understanding of your employer or client products.
- Determine how your employer or client organization “fits” in the healthcare landscape.
- Integration of corporate business and science operations to empower staff to recognize new opportunities.
What People Are Saying
"This course was so helpful. I am by no means a science-oriented person but the way the instructor was able to present the material made it extremely easy to understand. The real-life examples and analogies were especially helpful."
Non-science professionals from all sectors, including finance, legal, sales, marketing, HR, manufacturing, management, government relations, IT, project management, regulatory affairs, supply chain, safety, and tech transfer. For anyone working on the "business side" needs to better understand and communicate with the "science side."
Past participants include:
- Venture capitalists, angel investors, bankers, analysts, financial managers
- Insurance brokers, real estate professionals
- Patient advocacy group staff, disease foundation members
- Policymakers, lobbyists, attorneys
- Consultants, public relations specialists, journalists
- University administrators, research institute support staff
- Environmental, health, and safety engineers
Zoom - Live Online
1. Log into your Biotech Primer account in the upper right-hand corner
2. Once logged in click “My Profile”
3. Click "User Dashboard"
4. Click on the class name
5. Click on "View Course" to find the Zoom link
Note: The Zoom link is available 15 minutes before the course begins.
Course Materials: Each course includes a downloadable workbook. The workbook is available on your “User Dashboard” under “Course Materials.” Please note each workbook is proprietary and is not to be shared with others.
Course Certificate: Upon course completion, your downloadable course certificate is available on your “User Dashboard.”
LinkedIn Education Profile: Post your course certificate on LinkedIn by clicking the “Share” button found next to your certificate.
Recording Access: Course recordings are available to registrants for two weeks. You can re-watch the course as often as you'd like within the two-week timeframe.
Refund Policy: All courses and products are final sales. If you cannot attend a course, you may send someone in your place by notifying us at email@example.com a minimum of five business days prior to the start of the course.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in having a customized course delivered to your team? Contact Stacey Hawkins at email@example.com